Thursday, November 5, 2009

Firstly, the title "My Conscience And I" emphasises that the song is very personal to her and suggests that she is going to confide in us. The decorative imagery used on the Cd cover is effective as it reminds me of a fortune tellers tent and this suggests that her songs are about fate and the future and the gold pillow and funky, colourful room decorations present fortune -telling imagery as does the banners with her name and the song title. These are effective as it looks like the signs advertising fortune-telling at a funfair or circus. Furthermore, the brain is effective as I feel it stands out the most and this perhaps suggests we are going to be given an insight into her mind. Overall, I think this CD cover is effective in the way it has a theme, in this case the theme is fortune-telling and I would like our CD cover to also have a theme which would relate to the song effectively. Furthermore, I think this CD cover is highly effective as it to an extent exposes the singer and is very personal as it emphasises her ideas about fate and the future. In this way, the audience feels involved and as if the singer is confiding in us therefore I hope to connect with the audience on a personal level in our CD cover.

No comments: